Moving Tips by Afriworld Furniture Removals and Storage
Generally speaking, in any given household there are many different furniture pieces ranging in value. Especially important are expensive antiques, pianos, fine furnishings, dining room suites, bedroom suites, artwork, statuary, vases, bits and pieces, fine dishes, china, special glassware, crystal, paintings, wall coverings, etc. Each of these valuables will require their own unique packing, wrapping and moving technique in order to avoid being damaged during the relocation process.
6 WEEKS BEFORE YOUR MOVE
- Tour your home, (include your loft, garage etc.) to determine what items you will be moving. Have a garage sale or donate items you will not be moving to a charity, this will reduce your relocation costs.
- Make necessary travel arrangements, flight, hotel, vehicle rental, etc.
- Start using up all extra food stocks, frozen food (cannot be shipped) and tinned food, it will reduce the weight of your goods and moving costs.
4 WEEKS BEFORE YOUR MOVE
- Contact an Afriworld Removals Agent to arrange for a quotation.
- Notify Post Office, bank, places you hold an account with such as banks, leases, business or credit accounts of your new address.
- Notify schools.
- Return library books, DVDï¿½s, and other borrowed items and collect items loaned.
2 WEEKS BEFORE YOUR MOVE
- Dispose of all flammables, aerosols, paint, propane tanks, etc.
- Start packing if you are planning to do some or all of it yourself.
- Arrange to disconnect your utilities, etc.
- Arrange to connect utilities and phone at your new home.
1 WEEK BEFORE YOUR RELOCATE
- Depending upon their age, children need to be prepared in advance for the moving challenge. Infants, of course, are better off being cared for away from the origin and destination residences until the move is complete. It's best to keep them away from all of the turmoil of moving until the new residence has been made ready for them. Their need for much care and attention can be extremely diverting from the focus of moving. So when moving, parents should to plan well in advance for a separate place for their infant to stay on move day or arrange for a baby sitter.
- Set up a specific area in your home for items you are taking with you personally.
- Finish packing.
- Label all boxes with your name, and name of room you would like them moved into.
- Drain water from garden hose and all oil & fuel from power mower and machinery.
- Arrange to have all your major appliances serviced before moving day.
A DAY BEFORE YOUR RELOCATE
- Empty refrigerator and freezer, defrost and wipe down.
- Finish packing all personal items.
- Make sure someone is available to answer your moverï¿½s questions.
- Keep vacuum out to clean areas where furniture used to be.
- Complete a final inspection of your home with your mover; make sure all rooms, closets, etc. are empty.
- Contact Afriworld Removals to obtain your final moving costs so you can have the proper payment ready on your delivery date.
- Keep your Quotation number handy in case you need to track your goods.
Article courtesy: Afriworld Furniture Removals
ARTICLE INDEX BACK TO TOP